Recently, State Bank of India used to send us a physical debit card with its PIN. But nowadays they only send us debit cards. It is really easy to activate an SBI Debit Card by generating an ATM PIN. In this post, I am going to share the process of how to activate the SBI Debit Card.
You can have an account with the State Bank of India or you want to open an account. After opening an account with SBI, you will receive a debit card at your address. Now you have to activate SBI Debit Card.
How to activate SBI Debit Card step by step process
State Bank of India provides several ways to activate your SBI Debit Card. As a new SBI debit card user, you cannot know the process of activating it. So, I worked hard, to share all the steps of activating the SBI Debit Card.
Let’s dive into the post …
There are 4 ways to activate SBI Debit Card –
- Sending sms
- By calling SBI Debit Card activation number
- Through ATM
- Internet banking
Now elaborate on each process.
A) Activate debit card through SMS:
Activate SBI Debit Card through SMS. The easiest and easiest way to activate SBI Debit Card is through SMS.
- First, open your message box and compose the message.
- Type the last 4 digits of the PIN debit card, the last 4 digits of the bank account number.
- Now send this sms from your registered mobile number to 567,676.
- You will receive a 4 digit code on your registered mobile number. This code will be valid for the next 24 hours.
- Go to the nearest SBI ATM.
- Insert your card, you will be asked to enter a PIN. Enter the PIN received on your registered mobile number.
- Now change your PIN.
- Your SBI Debit Card will be activated for future use.
B) Activate debit card through IVR:
Another simple way to activate a debit card is IVR (Interactive Voice Response).
- Call 1800112211 or 18004253800 From your registered mobile number.
- You will be asked to enter the ATM card number and then your account number.
- You will get a 4 digit PIN on your registered mobile number.
- Now go to the nearest SBI ATM.
- Insert your card and enter the PIN received on your mobile number.
- Change your PIN Your card will be ready for use.
C) Go to ATM and activate Debit Card:
Another process to activate SBI Debit Card is by visiting the nearest ATM.
- Go to the nearest SBI ATM.
- When you first enter your debit card, you will get the option to generate a PIN.
- Enter your bank account number and mobile number.
- You will also get a lump sum PIN on your registered mobile number.
- Use this to change your PIN.
D) Activate debit card through INB:
If you have an existing SBI account and you have internet banking, you can also generate a PIN through internet banking.
- First of all open the SBI website on your phone / computer – https://onelinesbi.com
- Now log in with your credentials.
- Go to E-Services >> ATM Card Services >> ATM PIN Generation.
- Use your profile password or OTP to authenticate. [You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number].
- Choose account number and card number.
- Enter the first 2 digits of the PIN as per your choice. Then click on submit.
- On the next screen, enter the first 2 digits you created and then send the 2 digits via SMS to your registered mobile number.
These 4 digits will be your new PIN.
We have seen four easy ways to activate SBI Debit Card. All methods are online and you can complete them at home. By using these 4 easy methods you can easily activate your SBI Debit Card. Follow each step carefully to avoid errors. Hope this post helps you in activating your SBI Debit Card.